Name: Suiqiong Fan
Email Address: Suiqiong.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Research and Synthesis Analytical Coordinator
Suiqiong joined the DEPRESSD team as a Research Synthesis Analytical Coordinator in June 2021. She finished her master’s degree in Public Health at McGill University and her bachelor’s degree in Global Health at Wuhan University. Her previous research focused on women’s health. During her master’s, she worked with Dr. Alissa Koski on a systematic review about the health effects of child marriage, and an independent study about the prevalence of child marriage in mainland China. She is interested in epidemiological methods, data analysis, and knowledge synthesis.
1. Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel (GREAT) Awards. Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health. 2021
2. National Undergraduate Training Program for Innovation Grant. Chinese Ministry of Education. 2018
3. Full Scholarship for the Global Learning Semester program. Duke Kunshan University. 2017
4. First-class Scholarship. Wuhan University. 2016 & 2017
1. Fan, S., Qian, Y., & Koski, A. (2022). Child marriage in mainland china. Studies in Family Planning, 53(1), 23–42. https://doi.org/10.1111/sifp.12185
2. Fan, S., & Koski, A. (2022). The health consequences of child marriage: A systematic review of the evidence. BMC Public Health, 22(1), 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-022-12707-x
3. Tasleem, A., Wang, Y., Li, K., Jiang, X., Krishnan, A., He, C., Sun, Y., Wu, Y., Fan, S., Boruff, J. T., Markham, S., Rice, D. B., Bonardi, O., Santo, T. D., Li, L., Thombs-Vite, I., Agic, B., Fahim, C., Martin, M. S., … Thombs, B. D. (2022). Effects of mental health interventions among people hospitalized with COVID-19 infection: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. General Hospital Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2022.04.002
4. Zhang, B., Nian, Y., Palmer, M., Chen, Q., Wellings, K., Oniffrey, T. M., Yu, T., Huang, L., Fan, S., Du, Y., He, S., & Zou, Y. (2018). An ecological perspective on risk factors for repeat induced abortion in China. Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare, 18, 43–47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.srhc.2018.10.001
5. Zhang, B., Yu, T., Chen, Q., Wellings, K., Oniffrey, T. M., Ma, J., Huang, L., Fan, S., Ma, L., Li, R., & Zou, Y. (2020). Early menarche and its relationship to paternal migrant work among middle-school-aged students in China. Journal of Biosocial Science, 52(1), 108–116. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021932019000300
1. Fan, S. (2021, May 18). Child marriage in mainland China. Canadian Population Society 2021 Annual Meeting, Virtual.